The New Dining Room

This is known as the New Dining Room because it was originally the Drawing Room but was converted as it proved more convenient to the kitchen. It was designed by Atkinson for William Leveson Gower in 1826. This room is home to the set of four paintings of Venice by Canaletto (inset above). These wonderful pictures were probably originally commissioned directly from Canaletto who was resident in London in the 1750s.